Window Films for UV Protection
The Cause of Sun Bleaching
There are several factors that contribute to the fading of furniture, drapes, and hardwood floors.
- Ultraviolet Light – the cause of 40% of fading problems
- Heat – the cause of 25% of fading problems
- Intensive Visible Light – the cause of 25% of fading problems
- Miscellaneous Factors – artificial light, humidity, poor quality dies, gases and pollutants contribute to 10% of fading problems
3M™ Window Tinting Significantly Reduces Fading
3M™ window film helps reduce the effects of the sun’s damaging UV rays by controlling UV light, heat, and visible light, which cause 90% of fading problems. Window films provide fade protection by blocking:
- Up to 99% of the sun’s ultraviolet light
- Up to 78% of the suns heat during summer months
- Up to 35% of the heat loss that occurs during winter months.
Ultraviolet radiation damages your furniture, fading their finishes. It also wreaks havoc on your skin. Tinting your windows with 3M™ window film can not only extend the life of your furniture, but also protect you and your loved ones from the harmful effects of the sun.